- is the number that has the meaning “good will always triumph over evil”
- is the code for international direct-dial phone calls to France
- is the age of Alexander the Great when he died
- is the atomic number of arsenic
- is a significant number in modern numerology, one of the master numbers along with 11 and 22
- is the title of the first episode of the new Battlestar Galactica television series
- is the number of vertebrae in a normal human spine
- is not the answer to life, the universe and everything. It’s still 42.
is also the number of years I’ve been breathing on this planet today.
Re-quoted my favorite poem:
“As through the calendar I delve
I pause to rejoice in April twelve.
Yea, be I in sickness or be I in health
My favorite date is April twealth.
“Lines in Praise of a Date Made Praiseworthy Solely by Something Very Nice That Happened to It”,
by Ogden Nash